During the holiday season, we spend more time than usual in the kitchen – which means higher energy usage. But, it’s easy to conserve energy by switching up your routine. While many desserts are made in the oven (one of the most energy-consuming appliances in your kitchen), there’s no baking required for these festive cookies. Have your family join in on the fun and help make ornaments you can eat!
What you’ll need:
• 24 chocolate sandwich cookies
• 1 bag mini chocolate candies
• 1 bag mini peanut butter cups
• 1 package white chocolate wafers
• 1 tube decorative icing
• Parchment paper
1. Melt white chocolate wafers in microwave.
2. Drop cookies one at a time into the melted chocolate, using a spoon to flip and coat.
3. Set cookies on the parchment paper and allow 15-20 minutes for the chocolate to harden.
4. Decorate with icing, mini chocolate candies and mini peanut butter cups.
Check out more simple recipes that will keep your bill low and your holiday spirit high.
• Slow Cooker Cinnamon Roll Monkey Bread
• Pressure Cooker Mashed Potatoes
• Holiday Kabobs