No holiday meal is complete without buttery, fluffy mashed potatoes. But this dish can be as time-consuming as it is popular. To cook mashed potatoes on the stovetop efficiently, you need to use the right size pan and have clean burners, not to mention your undivided attention. This pressure cooker mashed potato recipe makes energy-efficient cooking easy and quick.
What you’ll need:
• 3 lbs potatoes
• 4-5 cups water
• 2 teaspoon salt
• ¼ cup butter
• ¼ cup sour cream
• ¼ cup milk
• ½ tsp garlic powder
• ½ teaspoon pepper
• Herbs to garnish
1. Wash, peel, and slice the potatoes, and place them at the bottom of the instant pot.
2. Cover with water and add 1 teaspoon of salt.
3. Place the lid on the instant pot and set the valve to seal.
4. Cook on manual pressure for 8 minutes.
5. Quick release the pressure from the pot.
6. Drain the potatoes and return to the instant pot.
7. Add the remaining salt, pepper, garlic powder, butter, milk and sour cream to the potatoes. Mash until smooth.
8. Garnish with herbs if desired.