Adding attic insulation is one of the 16 improvements Efficiency Delivered® covers.

request your free energy and or water auditOUC’s Efficiency Delivered® conservation program now provides up to $2,500 ― a $500 increase from the previous amount ― in energy and water efficiency upgrades to a customer’s home. The program also expanded the number of improvements it covers, to 16 from 10 (see list below), to give customers more options for saving energy and water.

Efficiency Delivered® can benefit customers of all income levels, but it offers the greatest amount of help to low-income residents. Households with incomes of less than $40,000 a year are eligible for an 85% contribution from OUC, with the remaining 15%, or up to $375, to be paid by the customer. Payment can be spread over 12 monthly OUC bills.

Households with annual incomes of $40,001-$60,000 are eligible for a 50-50 cost-sharing split while households with incomes greater than $60,000 a year can take advantage of the rebates OUC offers. Customers in these income tiers may qualify for a 12-month installment payment plan, contingent upon their payment history.

“Historically, 80% of Efficiency Delivered® participants have a household income of less than $60,000 a year,” said David Mayer, Supervisor of Sustainability. “In some cases we have found that the savings resulting from efficiency improvements exceed the monthly payments low-income customers are left to make. Some of the most effective improvements that people can make to their homes are included in this program and we’re very proud of that.”

The program is one of 16 OUC offers as part of a commitment to achieve a 1% goal of conservation as a percent of retail sales in 2020.

Participation in the Efficiency Delivered® program begins with a free energy/water evaluation by an OUC Conservation Specialist. Currently, this is a modified, in-person visit that follows COVID-19 safety protocols After determining which improvements would be the most beneficial, the specialist, with the homeowner’s approval, will bring in OUC’s preferred contractor to handle the work and complete the paperwork.

Efficiency Delivered® provides the following money-saving home improvements:

  • A/C tune-up*
  • Air filter replacement
  • Attic insulation
  • Attic pull down stair ladder cover*
  • Blower door testing*
  • Caulking and weather stripping
  • Choice of thermostat replacement*
  • Duct leak repairs
  • Evaporator coil cleaning*
  • Hot water pipe & A/C refrigerant line insulation
  • Irrigation repairs
  • Minor plumbing repairs
  • Toilet replacement
  • Water flow restrictors
  • WaterSense labeled irrigation controller*
  • Window film installation