Irrigation accounts for more than half of Central Florida’s total water consumption. That’s a lot of water coming out of sprinkler heads and driplines. It’s also a huge opportunity for savings — of water for our region and money for you.
That’s why OUC has partnered with the St. Johns River Water Management District to establish a Water Education and Awareness Program (WEAP). The goal is to help our customers practice responsible watering practices.
The program includes one free irrigation system audit and discounts on four specific irrigation system repairs and upgrades.
Free Irrigation System Audits
Is all your water going where you think it’s going? To find out for sure, you’ll need an irrigation system audit.
Leaks or other flaws in your watering system may be causing excessive water loss. That’s water you’re paying for unnecessarily.
An audit will help you evaluate your watering system and your irrigation habits.
The irrigation audit is conducted by one of OUC’s prequalified contractors. He or she will check for:
- Proper timer settings
- System leaks
- Broken or misaligned equipment
- Proper water pressure
50% Off These Irrigation System Upgrades
If the contractor performs any of the following water-saving services, OUC will cover 50% of the cost, up to the limits stated.
Who Is Eligible
The program is for OUC water customers who use at least 25,000 gallons of water each month.
Are you interested in a FREE irrigation system audit? Fill out this form to find out if you qualify. It’s only for a limited time.
Other Ways to Save Water
A full upgrade isn’t always necessary. You can also:
- Water at the right times. Water only before 10 a.m. or after 4 p.m. to avoid evaporation.
- Take advantage of rainy days. Turn off sprinklers when it’s raining or install a rain shut-off device.
- Check your zone settings. Plants have different water needs and should be irrigated separately. (Grass, for example, should be watered separately from shrubs and flowers.)
- Adjust sprinklers so they water the lawn, not the pavement.
- Avoid watering on windy days.