Irrigation accounts for more than half of Central Florida’s total water consumption. That’s a lot of water coming out of sprinkler heads and driplines. It’s also a huge opportunity for savings — of water for our region and money for you.
OUC can help you find ways to save water with a free water conservation audit, and while we’re at we’ll check your irrigation system. Our Efficiency Delivered program includes upgrades to homeowners’ irrigation systems, plus we offer rebates on water-saving improvements you can do.
Other Ways to Save Water
A full upgrade isn’t always necessary. You can also:
- Water at the right times. Water only before 10 a.m. or after 4 p.m. to avoid evaporation.
- Take advantage of rainy days. Turn off sprinklers when it’s raining or install a rain shut-off device.
- Check your zone settings. Plants have different water needs and should be irrigated separately. (Grass, for example, should be watered separately from shrubs and flowers.)
- Adjust sprinklers so they water the lawn, not the pavement.
- Avoid watering on windy days.