There’s nothing quite like the smell of cinnamon filling your home on a crisp winter day. This Slow Cooker Cinnamon Roll Monkey Bread can be made for breakfast, brunch or even dessert. The best part? You can make it without ever turning on the oven! By using a small appliance instead, you’ll use 33% less energy making this crowd-pleasing dish.
What you’ll need:
• 2 cans cinnamon rolls
• ¼ cup white sugar
• ½ cup brown sugar
• ½ cup unsalted butter
• 1 tsp cinnamon
• Nonstick cooking spray
• 5-7 quart slow cooker
1. Cut each cinnamon roll into 6 pieces, setting aside the icing that comes in the can.
2. Pour white sugar and cinnamon into a plastic bag. Add the cut-up cinnamon rolls and shake to coat. Set aside.
3. Melt the butter and stir in the brown sugar.
4. Spray your slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. Place half of the cinnamon roll pieces in the bottom and top with half of the melted butter/sugar mixture. Add the remaining dough and drizzle with the rest of the butter/sugar mixture.
5. Cover the slow cooker and cook on high for about 2 hours.
6. Drizzle reserved icing on top and serve!
Check out more simple recipes that will keep your bill low and your holiday spirit high.
• Cookie Ornaments
• Pressure Cooker Mashed Potatoes
• Holiday Kabobs