You may be spending a lot of personal energy in the kitchen this Thanksgiving but you can reduce the amount of energy your appliances use. Here are some energy- and money-saving holiday cooking tips:
- Keep oven door closed while cooking.
- Use small appliances, including microwaves, slow cookers, electric skillets and toasters, as much as possible. They consume about 33% less energy than an oven.
- Consider roasting your turkey on an outdoor grill.
- Clean stovetop burners and reflectors to ensure efficient heat distribution.
- Keep fridge/freezer doors closed. Refrigeration is one of the largest household consumers of energy.
Visit OUC.com/waystosave for more tips to saving your utility bill.